We can’t show anyone the thought that we see in our head. We have words that we combine in such a way that their auras of meaning overlap with the landscape of thought are seeing as much as possible. These words can voyage into the world outside of our heads. Others have their own auras of meaning associated with each word – somewhat similar to ours – that we hope serve to create a similar landscape of thought in their minds. In this roundabout way we can show eachother our thoughts. But words are hubs of innacurracy, a word can stand in for vastly different concepts for different people.
January 1, 2009
Words of Thought
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 1st, 2009 at 4:42 am and posted in Musings, Thought. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Follow A Thought Gallery on WordPress.com
GOOD PLACES TO START:
- @BillSimmons can you please add a conspiracy theory/unexplained mysteries type podcast to @ringer ?pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease 10 months ago
- @paperbullets I would LOVE to hear you on @StarWarsMinute @PeteTheRetailer and @ARobTwit is that possible?? 1 year ago
- @jeskeets @TasMelas @treykerby @LeighEllis @StartersMatt @StartersJD Congratulations on ten years! Thanks for making the world happier! 1 year ago
- Demar Derozan #nbavote 1 year ago
- Kyle Lowry #nbavote 1 year ago