Words can only do so much, they can only capture so much of what goes on in our heads. An endless pool of thought is reduced to what can be captured in a few lines or curves, or conversely a series of sounds; contorted and sampled so that it can fit within the framework of our predetermined language. The process is so diluting that the meanings we spout are of a different medium than thought, an inferior impoverished one. It’s as though thought is an endless road flanked by moving wonders; what we express is the equivalent of black and white photographs of what we saw.
January 3, 2009
Trouble With Words
This entry was posted on Saturday, January 3rd, 2009 at 8:48 pm and posted in Musings, Thought. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Follow A Thought Gallery on WordPress.com
GOOD PLACES TO START:
- @BillSimmons can you please add a conspiracy theory/unexplained mysteries type podcast to @ringer ?pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease 10 months ago
- @paperbullets I would LOVE to hear you on @StarWarsMinute @PeteTheRetailer and @ARobTwit is that possible?? 1 year ago
- @jeskeets @TasMelas @treykerby @LeighEllis @StartersMatt @StartersJD Congratulations on ten years! Thanks for making the world happier! 1 year ago
- Demar Derozan #nbavote 1 year ago
- Kyle Lowry #nbavote 1 year ago